Dr Luis Gavin
Physician and Maxillofacial & Oral Surgeon
Physician Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, TMJ Arthroscopy, Jaw Corrective Surgery
English, Spanish & French
With more than 30 years of experience, Dr Luis Gavin is one of the best Medical Consultants in treatments and surgery for Temporo-Mandibular-Jaw, Oral Surgery, Tinnitus and Sleep Apnea & Snoring.
Dr Luis Gavin is an accomplished Maxillofacial Surgeon, Physician and Dentist who has earned a master’s degree and a PHD in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonoma and Complutense University of Madrid, Spain. With his impressive background, he has worked in some of the best hospitals in Spain and UAE and has collaborated as a teacher and speaker in different universities and medical institutions.
Throughout his career, Dr Luis has specialised in several areas such as jaw joint surgery, jaw corrective surgery, tinnitus, and sleep medicine: sleep apnea & snoring.
Dr Luis Gavin is highly skilled and always implements the most innovative scientific techniques in his medical practice. Specially for Sleep Apnea and Snoring cases, he is performing Thermotherapy Radiofrequency (Celon by Olimpus) as the alternative to cpap devices and surgery.
As a Physician and Maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Luis Gavin provides a multidisciplinary approach that encompasses the connection of the Ear, Nose, and Throat, with the entire jaw-mandibular area. Thus, the treatment of Sleep Apnea and Snoring consists of:
- Ozone & Botox infiltrations in jaw muscles: This allows less muscle contraction and favours the flow of oxygen in the brain.
- Custom Jaw Bimaxillary Advancement System: You will improve your quality of sleep, control of teeth grinding, and reduction in snoring.
- CELON session with PRP plasma infiltration in soft palate: It is called ‘radio-frequency ablation’, which is used for the reduction of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. The procedure involves applying radio-frequency energy to the soft palate and uvula, causing the tissues to shrink and stiffen. This reduces snoring and improves airflow during sleep. In the same session, PRP plasma would be injected into the soft palate to reinforce treatment and promote healing. This will also provide elasticity to the jaw joints and easier pull of jaw down/forward to open the pass for the air in the throat
Dr Luis Gavin is a highly qualified professional who is committed to providing the best treatment and care to his patients.
BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 2011: Dr Luis Gavin obtained his degree in Clinical Hypnosis at UNED.
- 2001: He attended the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid and completed his studies in Medical Speciality in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, with a certificate in Clinical Maxillofacial and Periodontist.
- 1990 – 1992: He attended the Universidad de Valencia
- 1987: He continued his studies and completed the Specialist in Stomatology course
- 1986: He continued his studies and completed his Doctorate Degree, Ph.D.
- 1985: He graduated from Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, where he completed his degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Temporo Mandibular Joint/Surgery/Arthroscopy
- Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Apnea
- Oral Cancer
- Tinnitus / Ear Ringling with TMJ Arthroscopy
- Ozone Therapy for Detox, Anti–Ageing, And Chronic Pain.
- Hydrogen in Joints, Back, Head, Neck and Shoulder
- Hydrogen Therapy for Face Aesthetics
- Chin, Jaw and Cheeks Medpore Implant Remodelling
- Thread Facelift
- Lip Augmentation
- Aesthetic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Oral Dental Maxillofacial Surgery
- Clinical Postgraduate Instructor at the Dental College; University of Sharjah.
- Official Trainer for the Ortho-Apnea Academy Teaching Courses on Anti-Snoring and Sleep Apnea Intraoral System for the Middle East.
- Publication of Papers as First Author & Co-Author.
- Publications of Book as Editor.