Sking Tag Removal
about Skin Tag Removal
Skin tag removal is a process that can get you feeling better about yourself and your appearance.
In some cases, they can even cause discomfort. For instance, they can rub against clothing or other body parts. A skin tag on your eye can get in the way of your ability to see.
Scientifically termed acrochordons, skin tags are small soft growths commonly occurring in people of all ages. Mostly benign growths, skin tags are usually small in appearance, accompanied with or without a stalk. With an incidence of almost 46%, researchers postulated that adults develop at least one skin tag in their lifetime, with their incidence probability greater in the fourth decade of life. Combined response to genetic factors and skin folds in the body affects men and women equally. But the incidence is higher in:
- Obese people
- People with Metabolic syndrome
Fortunately, there are methods for skin tag removal that can get you feeling better about yourself. This article will discuss techniques for skin tag removal Dubai available at the Bizrahmed.
What are Skin Tags?
Also known by the scientific term acrochordons, skin tags are small growths that can appear in people of all ages. Most skin tags are harmless, but they can be uncomfortable and unsightly.
Researchers estimate that 46% of adults will develop at least one skin tag in their lifetime. The likelihood of them appearing is at a peak in people in their 40s. They are also more likely to occur in:
- Obese people
- People with diabetes
- People with Metabolic syndrome
- People who live in dry climates
- People who live in areas with high air pollution
Contact Bizrahmed to find out the best method for skin tag removal.
What are Skin Tag Removal Benefits?
Skin tag removal produces several benefits. These include:
- Increased self-confidence: If you feel self-conscious due to skin tags on your face and body, skin tag removal will boost your self-confidence.
- Increased Comfort: Skin tags can appear on the eyelids to obstruct vision or form on other parts of the body, causing discomfort. Removing them will help you function normally and comfortably.
- Improved Health: Skin tags are rarely harmful, but in some cases, they can aggravate symptoms of sun exposure or cause skin inflammation. They can also be cancerous. Once removed, they can be inspected to ensure they are benign.
Get in touch with Bizrahmed to find out the benefits our skin tag removal Dubai provides.
What Causes Skin Tags?
Scientists are unsure exactly what causes skin tags. Here are some popular theories:
- Collagen and Blood Vessels: Skin tags may occur when collagen and blood vessels get trapped under thick skin membranes.
- External Factors: Some scientists believe skin tags are caused by irritation, friction, or other external elements.
- HPV Virus: One theory states that the presence of the HPV virus in the body causes skin tags.
- Age-Related: Skin tags may be age-related and form due to a loss of elastic tissue.
- Genetic Conditions: Genetic conditions such as Birt-Hobb-Dube syndrome may contribute to skin tag growth.
- Medical Conditions: Medical conditions such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, and sudden hormonal fluctuations like pregnancy may be responsible for skin tag development.
Bizrahmed will get to the root of your skin tag issues and aid with the skin tag removal Dubai process.
How Do Skin Tags Look and Where Do they Appear?
Skin tags are small, skin-coloured bumps that appear on your body. They may or may not have a peduncle or stalk. They are typically 1-6 mm in size. Some have a flattened appearance, and some have a flowery pattern.
Skin tags may appear on any part of the body covered by skin. However, they are more likely to form in body parts with skin folds. These include:
- The base of the neck
- The eyelids
- The breasts
- The armpit region
- The groin
- The buttock
The experts at Bizrahmed can address skin tag removal on any body part. We can even perform skin tag on eyelid removal and skin growth on face removal.
What are the Methods of Skin Tag Removal?
The most popular methods for skin tag removal are as follows:
Laser treatments can remove moles and skin tags by evaporating them from the body. The concentrated light beams target the tag, so it evaporates them, eventually causing them to fall off.
The process typically involves 1-2 sittings. After that, the tag will fall off in 10-15 days.
The procedure does not lead to scarring or downtown. However, you must take precautions to ensure safe recovery. The site will be mostly healed within 3-4 days and fully healed within 10-15 days.
Cryotherapy involves applying liquid nitrogen to the skin tag, which kills its skin cells and causes it to fall off within 10-15 days. The procedure has a low risk of side effects and a minimal recovery time.
Surgical removal involves the area being numbed and having the skin tag removed with scissors or a scalpel. Although the procedure is effective, it is waning in popularity as other, less invasive treatments with lower risk and less downtime are preferred.
The medical experts at Bizrahmed will help you decide which method of skin tag removal is right for you.
Who is a Good Candidate for Skin Tag Removal?
Skin tag removal is a relatively quick and easy process with little downtime. However, complications can arise if certain factors exist. So, who are the ideal candidates for skin tag removal?
You may consider the procedure if you:
- Are over 18 and in good health
- Have a skin tag that’s obstructing your vision or causing some other type of discomfort.
- Are you feeling self-conscious due to your skin tag
Note that skin tag removal is not recommended for children as it can hinder growth development.
Schedule a consultation with Bizrahmed to determine if skin tag removal suits you.
Skin Tags vs. Warts
Skin tags and warts are similar, but they are not the same. Here are some differences to consider.
- Skin tags are smooth, while warts are rough and have an irregular surface.
- Skin tags are raised from the skin by a thin stalk, while warts are slightly raised or entirely flat.
- Viruses cause warts, while various factors, including ageing, weight, hormones, and friction, cause skin tags.
- Warts can be contagious, but skin tags are not.
Warts and skin tags can be removed by cryotherapy, electrolysis, and surgical means. Laser is a popular method for skin tag removal but is not always successful for wart removal.
Our experts will determine if you are dealing with a skin tag or wart, and we will recommend the most effective removal treatment.
SKIN TAG REMOVAL
Skin Tag Removal Results
Skin tag removal is an easy process. It does not require any follow-up or repeat sessions. It does not leave behind any marks or scarring. After the tag is removed, you can enjoy smooth, clear skin.
Moreover, you will no longer have to be concerned about the discomfort skin tags cause during shaving or when they rub against clothing.
What Steps are Involved in Skin Tag Removal?
The steps involved in skin tag removal will vary depending on the method used. The surgical and laser procedures are similar and require the following steps:
- The skin area is sterilized and numbed with local anaesthetics.
- The laser or cauterization device is held close to the tag so it can be removed.
- Laser beams or heat rays are applied to the tag (for laser). The surgeon excises the tag (for surgical).
- After removing the tag, the area is treated with cooling creams and antibiotics.
This differs from cryotherapy, which involves applying liquid nitrogen to the tag; the process may have to be repeated before the tag falls off.
After the procedure, doctors may advise you to wear sunscreen, avoid unnecessary sun exposure, apply cold compresses, and treat your skin with care while healing occurs.
Our skilled technicians will follow all necessary steps to ensure you get the best results possible.
Cost of Skin Tag Removal
Several factors will affect the cost of skin tag removal. These include:
- The surgeon’s skills: A highly skilled surgeon will charge more than a less experienced one. However, it is worth it to pay more to ensure you get safe, effective results.
- The type of treatment used: Cryotherapy and laser treatments are more expensive than surgery due to their advanced technology. Laser is typically preferred because it has a lower risk of scarring.
- The size of the tag: A larger tag may require more nitrogen treatments than smaller tags. This makes the procedure more expensive.
- Clinics: Some clinics will charge more than others depending on the cost of living in their location and other expenses they are dealing with.
Why Bizrahmed is the Best Choice for Skin Tag Removal Dubai
Skin tag removal can boost your confidence and your level of comfort. But it’s crucial to perform it at a trustworthy facility. Bizrahmed is highly recommended.
Bizrahmed is staffed with a team of highly trained doctors and clinicians. We have helped thousands of patients overcome their cosmetic issues. We are known for our high level of service and compassion.
Don’t let skin tags be a source of unhappiness. Contact Bizrahmed to get the smooth skin you’ve always dreamed of. We will help you achieve your aesthetic goals to move on to a higher quality of living.
Cryotherapy and Electrocauterization (Laser therapy) are the most common skin tag removal methods in Dubai. Cryotherapy involves firing at the tags with liquid nitrogen resulting in the death of the cells, after which they are self-removed. The laser emits concentrated light and beams up the spots resulting in the evaporation of the tags and their shedding.
These methods are minimally invasive, painless and with virtually no downtime. Additionally, they yield long-term results and do not require follow-up visits, making them the preferred mode of skin tag removal in Dubai.
Skin tag removal is not painful if conducted by non-invasive methods. Cauterisation and laser removal are conducted by treating the area with numbing agents. This results in mild discomfort sensation but without any pain.
Other methods, like surgical excision using a scalpel or scissors, are more painful, carrying the risk of scarring after treatment. Apart from technical aspects, the surgeon's skill is another important factor. A skilled surgeon ensures painless surgery and makes sure you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
Skin tags don't grow back after being removed. But a new skin tag may develop in the same area, especially if the cells in the epidermis are prone to clustering. Additionally, a cancerous lesion can regrow with increased intensity after being removed the first time.
Skin tags are more common in obese people. Losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle can contribute to preventing them from re-growing. Also, a biopsy of the removed tag can determine the reason for regrowth and rule out cancer possibilities, if any.
The areas most effectively treated using skin tag removal techniques are the armpits, neck region, back, facial part, buttocks and groin. Cryo is more suitable for smaller-sized skin warts in the neck or facial area.
It is painless and stimulates cell growth in the treatment region. Laser treatment works best for facial tags and those over the eyelid region. Excision removal opts for larger-sized or over-hanging warts. Usually, those in the groin, buttocks, or titles greater than 3mm are removed through excision.
Cauterisation, cryotherapy and surgical excision are some of the best methods for permanently removing skin tags. These methods work efficiently on the source of the growth and eradicate it. While the tag in question is removed, new tags can grow.
A laser is a form of removal by Electrocauterisation and an effective way of treating skin tags. Laser, apart from being painless, results in virtually no downtime. The procedure gets over in a short time, and the results are observed in 12-14 days.
More petite skin tags respond best to laser treatment, especially on the face. More invasive methods like surgical excision work best for larger overhanging skin tags.
When handled by experienced medical practitioners, skin tag removals are safe. The procedure is performed by certified and skilled professionals who are licensed to conduct the procedure. In case of any casualties, they ensure that the risk of complications stays at a minimum level.
Before and after the removal procedure, you are provided with set pre-operative and post-operative instructions. Following them ensures that your removal procedure goes smoothly and satisfactory results are obtained permanently.
The surgery, lasers or cryo take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. In the case of surgical excision, the skin tag removal is over immediately. In the case of Lasers and Cryotherapy, the cells of the tags are killed or evaporated, and the tag itself falls off within 10-15 days.
Home remedies though many, should not be tried as their safety has not been proven, and removal through them may lead to increased complications.