Rich Plasma (PRP)
Prp hair treatment
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is an innovative hair treatment used independently for thinning hair or as a hair transplant surgery. Many patients using PRP for hair in Dubai find this process extremely effective, convenient and less expensive than other hair transplant surgeries.
PRP hair treatment is a clinical procedure where the surgeon collects some blood samples from the patient’s body and centrifuges them to retrieve the blood plasma from the blood. It is centrifuged to retrieve only the enriched cells of platelets, which are then injected into the patient’s scalp.
Benefits of PRP
The PRP hair treatment doesn’t involve any major side effects as the surgeon will inject your blood into your scalp, limiting any chance of infections or infectious diseases. Since the platelets are only injected into your scars, you don’t have to worry about any scars or cuts. The treatment is usually effective in individuals with healthy hair roots and no significant bald patches. The treatment helps rejuvenate the hair roots and add long-lost shine and strength to your hair.
You can also use PRP for the following:
- Strengthening your thinning hairs
- Increasing the diameter or thickness of your hairs
- Stopping excessive hair loss within one month of treatment
- Eliminating dandruff by revitalizing your scalp
- Darkening and adding shine to your dull hair and making them denser
PRP for hair treatment is the safest procedure that does not involve any cuts or incisions. You will get natural-looking results as the blood platelets contain your DNA structure. Each session takes approximately 40-60 minutes; you can leave the clinic. You can get back to your routine right after the procedure.
PRP injections can help a wide range of people from the following groups:
- Both men and women experiencing baldness and hair thinning
- People suffering from androgenic alopecia and other forms of alopecia, a hereditary condition affections millions of people worldwide
- People between the ages of 18 to 72 years
- Those suffering from hair loss due to high stress
- Those who have just started experiencing hair loss
- Individuals who are experiencing hair thinning and balding (not completely bald people)
PRP treatments are meant to thicken, strengthen and encourage hair growth from still-functioning follicles.
PRP hair treatment cost
The PRP hair treatment price in Dubai varies from one patient to another depending upon the following:
- Number of sessions required
- Type of treatment package
- The brand of the PRP kit
PRP for Hair Transplantation
PRP therapy, along with hair transplant procedure, can be beneficial in several ways, such as:
- Decreasing the sensitivity of the surgical areas so that you won’t feel any discomfort after the surgery
- Eliminating any postsurgical complications
- Regenerating tissues and hair follicles quicker than the standard process
- Limiting hair loss after the process
- Healing the wounds faster
- Reducing redness and swelling after the surgery
In PRP treatment for hair loss, the surgeon injects plasma-rich platelets into the scalp to improve the growth of new hair follicles. Meanwhile, in Mesotherapy, the surgeon injects a mixture of nutrient boosters, vitamins, minerals, and DHT blockers into the scalp to stimulate hair growth and reverse hair loss. The difference is in PRP; the injected compound is derived naturally from your blood, making it a safer alternative. It minimizes the chances of infection and allergic reactions. Meanwhile, some people might be allergic to the compounds used in Mesotherapy.
PRP or platelet-rich plasma injection contains healthy blood platelets drawn from your blood. These blood platelets help heal follicular hair injuries, increase collagen and stem cells and encourage hair growth. It has the potential to reverse hair loss and grow new hair.
Yes, stopping hair loss and stimulating hair growth through PRP treatment alone is possible. However, results may vary among individuals.
You may need multiple PRP sessions to achieve your desired hair growth results. It takes three distinct sessions on average with 5-6 weeks intervals. After that, patients may go for single practical sessions every 4-6 months to maintain the results.