Frequent Urination Treatment
Urination is your body’s natural process to get rid of waste fluids. Your kidney filters urea, uric acid, toxic and other wastes within the body and stores them inside your urinary bladder in the form of a liquid called urine. When the urine fills up to a certain point, your body expels the urine giving you that urge to urinate.
What is frequent urination?
Frequent urination is a condition that increases the urinary frequency among people. The usual range of urination among people lies between 6 to 7 times daily. In Frequent Urination, the urge to urinate increases to the point that it becomes too uncomfortable to maintain a healthy life. It’s normal for kids to urinate more often than usual as they have a smaller bladder. When it happens to adults, it can cause significant distress by disrupting their daily routine and sleeping pattern. Sometimes, frequent urination can indicate an underlying medical condition in some cases. Therefore, before it gets worse, we recommend you get your frequent urination treatment in Dubai as earliest as possible.
Symptoms and Causes
In simple terms, frequent urination is a symptom that increases the urge to urinate among individuals. However, these symptoms may be a sign of various diseases and conditions. Such as:
- Losing one control over the bladder (Urinary Inconsistence)
- Difficulty in expelling urine out of the body instead of having the urge
- Visible blood in the urine
- Cloudy or unusual colour in urine
- Feeling of pain and discomfort during urination
- Penile or vaginal discharge
- A rise in hunger or thirst
- Pain on the back or side
- Nausea or vomiting
Causes of Frequent Urination
Frequent urination is primary cause by diseases affecting your urinary tract and its parts such as the kidneys, ureters, bladder and duct. We highly recommend you consult a specialist and start your frequent urination treatment in Dubai as soon you discover any symptoms.
Some underlying diseases and conditions associated with frequent urination:
- Type 1 & 2 diabetes
- Bladder stones
- Pyelonephritis or kidney infection
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Diabetes insipidus
- Urethral Stricture
- Overactive bladder
- Anxiety disorders
These are some of the most common diseases and conditions that can lead to frequent urination. However, we highly recommend you visit a certified urologist or specialist for frequent urination treatment in Dubai.
The urge for frequent urination may occur alongside urinary inconsistence, which is a different condition.
What is urinary inconsistence?
Urinary inconsistency occurs when patients lose their ability to control their urine, resulting in accidental leaks. Although it can happen to anyone, it primarily affects older people. It often comes with associated symptoms of frequent urination. So, if you have this symptom, don’t hesitate to discuss that with your doctor during your frequent urination treatment in Dubai.
Causes of urinary inconsistence
- Urinary tract infection
- Vaginal infection or irritation
- Overactive bladder
- Weak bladder or pelvic floor muscles
- Damage to nerve controlling bladder due to diabetes, Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis
- Enlarged prostate
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Inflammation in the prostate gland
- Surgery-related injury to nerves or muscles involving the bladder
Diagnosis of frequent urination
Your doctor will diagnose frequent urination at your visitation to a urologist in Dubai by performing a physical examination. You will be asked questions like:
- Are you on some medications?
- Do you have symptoms of urinary tract infections?
- Do you have seen any recent changes in your eating or drinking habits?
Apart from that, the urologist may also suggest some tests, such as:
Cystometry: The test is conducted to analyse the working condition of your bladder. Complications often arise when a muscle or nerve in your bladder hinders it from holding or releasing urine.
Ultrasonography is an imaging test that allows the doctor to look at your body’s internal structure.
Urinalysis is a microscopic examination composed of various tests used to detect the compound that passes through your urine.
Cystoscopy: A screening procedure where the doctor looks inside your bladder and urethra for underlying conditions using a ‘cystoscope’ instrument.
Your doctor might look for symptoms like overactive bladder, urine inconsistency, blood in the urine, frequent urinary tract infections, narrowing in the urethra, and bladder abnormalities.
Neurological tests: The doctor uses this diagnosis procedure to ensure there is no presence of nerve disorder.
Frequent Urination Treatment
In most cases, you can control or stop your frequent urination through appropriate treatment. Your doctor might suggest lifestyle changes or prescribe medications to stop your symptoms. Once the frequent urination treatment in Dubai starts working, you can see noticeable changes in your urination frequency.
If the cause of frequent urination is UTI, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to clear off the infection. You will feel better once the infection starts to subside. However, complete the dosage even though you feel all right after a few days.
If your doctor diagnoses you with diabetes or any prostate problems, then most probably, you will be recommended to visit a specialist. In such conditions, your specialist recommends lifestyle modifications to manage your symptoms.
You may have to take pelvic floor physical therapy as a treatment in case of overactive bladder syndrome. Doctors might also prescribe you some medications based on the severity of the condition.
Factors linked to frequent urination:
- An injury, infection, irritation or some disease in the bladder
- A change in muscles, tissues or nerve affecting your bladder function
- Beverages or medications with diuretic properties
- Cancer treatments
- Conditions increasing the production of urine in the body
You cannot always rely on medications for your whole life. Even though your frequent urination issues are gone, you must make some lifestyle changes ensuring it never returns.
- Limit food beverages with diuretic properties such as caffeine, alcohol, energy drinks, artificial sweeteners, chocolates and spicy foods.
- Never go to bed soon after drinking water. Instead, have your daily quota of water or milk at least an hour before you go to bed.
- Do kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor. It will keep your pelvis healthy, which is the home of your bladder, prostate, uterus, and rectum.
- Do bladder training- It trains a person to hold their urine longer than usual.
Urination is a process involving several muscle activities. During urination, the bladder muscles contract a bit, allowing the urine to flow via the urethra. Simultaneously, the muscles also relax, expelling the urine out of the body. Everyone can control their bladder muscles when relaxing. Urinary in-consistence occurs to those people who cannot control their bladder muscles. As a result, their body expels urine without warning.
Frequent urination is most often a sign of a kidney infection or a bacterial infection in your urinary tract. If left untreated, it can cause permanent damage to your kidney. Moreover, if the infection gets inside your bloodstream, it can affect other organs of your body. Just by consulting an urologist in Dubai can save your lifetime of discomfort and health issues. Schedule a consultation with our esteemed urologist specialist Dr. Yamen Alahmad to start your frequent urination treatment.