WHAT IS VASER LIPOSUCTION?
Vaser Liposuction (Vibration amplification of sound energy at resonance) is a liposuction technique to eliminate fat cells from the body using ultrasound waves. The waves dislodge and liquefy the fat cells, making it easier for professionals to draw out the fat with minimal incision. The Vaser liposuction treatment in Dubai is safer than traditional liposuction as it doesn’t damage any surrounding tissues or cause trauma. Moreover, it doesn’t require general anaesthesia or a cannula, making it even safer. Vaser liposuction covers areas such as:
- Thigh Lift
- Flanks (love handles)
VASER liposuction offers some great benefits you won’t find in traditional liposuction.
- Fat is extracted with a small incision (no bleeding or stitching)
- Faster downtime (recovery within ten days)
- The fat in your body is exposed to Ultrasound technology to loosen them up, which helps in more-efficient fat removal with less tissue trauma and complications.
- Fat extracted through VASER is purified and can be later injected into breasts, buttocks, and other areas for enhanced results.
- It can be used for treating gynecomastia in men.
- Unlike traditional liposuction, where multiple sessions are required, you get natural results in one session.
- The surgeon can remove more fat from the targeted area in excellent detail.
- A perfect and reliable procedure to reveal the toned muscles hidden behind the stubborn fat barrier.
Ideal candidates for Vaser liposuction are generally healthy individuals with specific fat areas that have not responded to diet and exercise.
Here are some factors that can make someone an ideal candidate for Vaser liposuction:
- Good general health: Vaser liposuction is a surgical procedure, so candidates must be generally healthy and have no underlying medical conditions that could increase the risk of complications.
- Specific areas of fat: Vaser liposuction targets specific areas of fat, such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, or love handles, that have not responded to diet and exercise. It is not a weight-loss procedure and cannot address issues such as loose skin or cellulite.
- Stable weight: Ideal candidates for Vaser liposuction should have a stable body weight, as significant weight gain or loss can affect the procedure results.
- Realistic expectations: Candidates for Vaser liposuction should have realistic expectations about the procedure results. While vaser liposuction can improve the appearance of specific body areas, it cannot wholly reshape or transform the body.
- Good skin elasticity: Candidates with good skin elasticity are generally better candidates for Vaser liposuction, as the skin needs to contract after the fat is removed to achieve optimal results.
- Non-smoker: Smoking can affect the healing process after surgery, so ideal candidates for Vaser liposuction should be non-smokers or be willing to quit smoking before the procedure.
Not Ideal Candidates
If you go for a VASER liposuction procedure in Dubai, doctors follow strict guidelines to qualify you as an ideal candidate for the surgery.
Smoking reduces the oxygen content in your blood, leading to delayed recovery and death of the tissue. Your doctor may ask you to quit smoking before or after the process.
INDIVIDUALS WITH NO SEVERE ILLNESS
If you have undergone recent surgery, taking any medication, have bleeding issues, or have a painful health condition, you must disclose it to your doctor during the consultation.
PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING WOMEN
It is a high NO-NO for women expecting a baby or breastfeeding.
VASER Liposuction procedure
Here are the general steps of the Vaser liposuction procedure:
- Anaesthesia: Vaser liposuction is typically performed under local anaesthesia, although general anaesthesia may be used for larger areas or patients who are more anxious. The surgeon will discuss the type of anaesthesia used with you before the procedure.
- Incision: The surgeon will make a small incision in the area to be treated. A unique solution containing an anaesthetic and a vasoconstrictor will be injected into the area to reduce bleeding and swelling.
- Ultrasound probe: A small ultrasound probe will be inserted into the incision. This probe emits high-frequency sound waves that break down the fat cells without damaging the surrounding tissues.
- Fat removal: After the fat cells are broken down, a small cannula is inserted through the incision to suction out the liquefied fat.
- Compression garment: After the procedure, the incision will be closed with stitches or surgical tape. A compression garment will be placed over the area to help reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Recovery: Most patients can go home the same day as the procedure, although some may require an overnight stay. You will need to wear the compression garment for several weeks after the procedure, and you may experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort for a few days to a few weeks.
VASER liposuction Recovery & Downtime
The recovery period after a VASER liposuction may vary among individuals based on the number of treated areas and the amount of fat removed from the body. In most cases, the pain and discomfort take as little as two days to subside.
Vaser Liposuction Results
The results vary on the extensiveness of the procedure. Most Dubai patients report immediate results when performing the chin, neck, and underarms procedures. However, procedures done on the abdomen, flanks, things, and buttocks require extended waiting periods. This is because of the swelling, which subsides within 3-6 weeks.
You will notice some sticky fluid leaking from the incision sites. However, it is normal and will resolve independently within a few days.
You can expect swelling and bruising around the areas for 5-6 weeks. Therefore, avoiding heavy tasks for at least 2-3 weeks is best. Patients should consult their doctor before joining the gym or doing high-intensity work after a VASER liposuction procedure in Dubai. (VASER liposuction in Dubai) .
Your VASER liposuction surgeon in Dubai may suggest you wear compression garments for 6-8 weeks. Compression wear minimizes swelling and discomfort, allowing your body to reshape and giving that contouring appearance.
Expectations after vaer liposuction Surgery
Pre-surgery guidelines may vary from patient to patient, depending on any existing medical condition. However, there are two pieces of advice in general:
- refraining from smoking five days before surgery
- discontinuing medications that may hamper the safety of surgery
vaser liposuction preparations
If you have decided to undergo Vaser liposuction, it is vital to prepare yourself properly to ensure a smooth and successful procedure. Here are some general preparations for Vaser liposuction:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with a qualified cosmetic surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations for the procedure, as well as to evaluate your overall health and determine whether you are a suitable candidate.
- Medical evaluation: Your surgeon may request a medical evaluation to ensure you are healthy enough to undergo the procedure. This may include blood tests, an electrocardiogram (ECG), and a chest X-ray.
- Medication: Your surgeon may advise you to stop taking certain medications that can increase the risk of bleeding or interfere with the anaesthesia. This includes aspirin, ibuprofen, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Smoking and alcohol: Smoking can affect the healing process and increase the risk of complications, so it’s best to quit before the procedure. Alcohol should also be avoided before and after the procedure.
- Nutrition and hydration: Follow a healthy diet and stay hydrated to ensure your body is in optimal condition for the procedure.
Vaser liposuction after-care
- Compression garments: You must wear a compression garment over the treated area for several weeks after the procedure. This will help to reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Pain management: Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication to manage any discomfort you may experience. Take the medication as prescribed and report any severe pain to your surgeon.
- Rest: You must take some time off work and avoid strenuous activities for several weeks after the procedure. Be sure to get plenty of rest and avoid activities that may cause discomfort or increase swelling.
- Hydration and nutrition: Be sure to drink plenty of water and eat a healthy, balanced diet to support healing.
- Follow-up appointments: You must attend follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your progress and ensure you are healing correctly.
- Massage therapy: Your surgeon may recommend massage therapy to help reduce swelling and promote healing. Be sure to follow any instructions provided by your surgeon regarding massage therapy.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Smoking and alcohol can slow healing and increase the risk of complications. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for several weeks after the procedure.
vaser liposuction cost in Dubai
The cost of Vaser liposuction in Dubai can vary depending on several factors, such as the size and number of areas being treated, the surgeon’s experience and qualifications, and the clinic’s location and reputation. On average, the cost of Vaser liposuction in Dubai ranges from AED 10,000 to AED 25,000 per area.
VASER liposuction in Dubai has a success rate of 90 per cent, which is the highest compared to an alternative form of liposuction. This is followed by smart liposuction, laser liposuction, and traditional liposuction, with a success rate of 89-88%.
It is not designed to eliminate cellulite, but it may improve the overall appearance of cellulite. Your doctor can suggest a better alternative for cellulite reduction.
No, it is not suitable to use on the face. However, this is perfect for reducing fat from your chin and neck area.
Vaser liposuction targets all the body's common fat storage areas, including tricky areas that traditional lipo fails to cover.
The amount of inches you can lose with Vaser liposuction depends on various factors, including the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated, and your individual body characteristics.
Vaser liposuction is a type of liposuction that uses ultrasound energy to target and break down fat cells before removing them from the body. It is a minimally invasive procedure that can result in significant fat reduction and body contouring.
In general, patients can expect to lose between 1 and 3 inches in circumference in the treated areas after Vaser liposuction. However, it's important to note that this can vary depending on the individual case, and the amount of fat removed. It's always best to discuss your goals and expectations with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can give you a better idea of the specific results you can expect from Vaser liposuction.
Vaser liposuction is designed to remove excess fat and improve body contouring. While the procedure can result in some skin tightening, it may not be sufficient to address significant loose skin.
If you have significant skin laxity, a surgeon may recommend additional procedures such as a surgical lift or skin tightening procedure to achieve optimal results. It's important to note that each patient's results will vary, depending on factors such as the amount of fat removed, the elasticity of the skin, and individual healing response.
Additionally, to help avoid loose skin after Vaser liposuction, it is important to follow the aftercare instructions provided by your surgeon carefully. This may include wearing compression garments, staying hydrated, and avoiding smoking and other factors that can negatively impact skin health.
It's always best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your individual goals and expectations, and to determine whether Vaser liposuction or another procedure is the right option for you.
It is possible to undergo Vaser liposuction more than once, but it's important to note that the decision to have a repeat procedure should be carefully considered and discussed with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
The suitability for a repeat procedure will depend on various factors, such as the amount of fat remaining, the presence of any loose skin, the quality of the skin, and the patient's overall health.
If you're considering a repeat procedure, your surgeon will evaluate your specific case to determine if you are a good candidate and whether additional liposuction is safe for you. They will also discuss the expected results, potential risks, and recovery time associated with the procedure.
Vaser liposuction, is not a weight loss procedure and should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and regular exercise. The primary goal of the procedure is to improve body contouring and address stubborn areas of fat that have not responded to other measures.
Ultimately, the decision to undergo Vaser liposuction or any other cosmetic procedure should be made after a thorough consultation with a qualified surgeon and a full understanding of the potential risks and benefits involved.
The skin of the treated areas tends to get saggy or loose in some cases. Your doctors in Dubai will assess your skin texture and condition during the consultation. If there is a probability, your doctor may recommend you for a skin tuck session after six weeks of the procedure.
A VASER liposuction treatment is usually done within a single sitting. However, your doctor may ask for a touch-up session after six months.
VASER liposuction in Dubai is a walk-out procedure that doesn’t require any significant preparation. However, your doctor may ask you to stop alcohol consumption, smoking and certain medications like aspirin and ibuprofen a few weeks before the procedure.
First of all, VASER liposuction is not a permanent weight loss solution. It helps individuals to lose unnecessary fat from risky and adamant areas of the body. Therefore, we highly recommend you continue following a healthy diet with exercise.
Even though you get your weight back, you will distribute it evenly in your body. Let’s say you remove fat from your tummy and lose 1-2 inches around your waist. Now, gaining the weight back won’t affect your waist size, as the accumulated weight will distribute evenly across your body.
The amount of fat that can be removed with Vaser liposuction will depend on several factors, including the patient's individual characteristics, the number of areas being treated, and the surgeon's assessment of the patient's needs and goals.
In general, the maximum safe limit for fat removal during a single Vaser liposuction procedure is typically around 5 liters (11 pounds) of fat. However, this amount may vary depending on the patient's health, body composition, and the surgeon's experience and judgment.
liposuction is not a weight loss procedure and should not be used as a substitute for healthy diet and exercise habits. The primary goal of the procedure is to improve body contouring and address stubborn areas of fat that have not responded to other measures.
Yes, Vaser liposuction uses ultrasound energy to break down and liquefy fat cells before removing them from the body. The Vaser technology involves the use of a small probe that emits ultrasonic energy waves to selectively target and break down fat cells while leaving other tissues unharmed.
The ultrasonic energy emitted by the Vaser probe liquefies the fat cells, making them easier to remove through a small incision in the skin. Unlike traditional liposuction, which uses a manual suction process to remove fat cells, Vaser liposuction allows the surgeon to remove the fat cells more gently and with less damage to surrounding tissues.
The liquefied fat cells can then be gently suctioned out of the body, resulting in a more efficient and less traumatic fat removal process. The Vaser technology also stimulates collagen production, which can result in skin tightening and a more toned appearance in the treated areas.
The main difference between Vaser liposuction and traditional liposuction is the technology used to remove the fat cells.
Traditional liposuction involves using a cannula, a small, hollow tube, to manually suction out fat cells from the body. The cannula is inserted through small incisions in the skin, and the surgeon uses a back-and-forth motion to break up the fat cells before suctioning them out.
Vaser liposuction, on the other hand, uses ultrasound energy to selectively break down and liquefy fat cells before removing them from the body. The Vaser probe emits high-frequency sound waves that specifically target and break down fat cells, while leaving other tissues unharmed.
Because Vaser liposuction targets only the fat cells, it can result in less damage to surrounding tissues, less trauma to the body, and a more efficient fat removal process compared to traditional liposuction. Additionally, the ultrasound energy emitted by the Vaser probe can stimulate collagen production, resulting in skin tightening and a more toned appearance in the treated areas.